while maintaining a tight seal between logs. The modern, energy-efficient log home was born.
Over the next 30 years, Perma-Chink Systems has firmly rooted itself as the premier provider of cutting-edge log home sealants, stains, and maintenance products. There are myriad reasons why log home manufacturers, builders, and homeowners around the world count on Perma-Chink Systems – we present the top 15:
1. Perma-Chink Systems forever changed handcrafted log homes with the industry’s first flexible chinking, replacing rigid concrete mortar or painted splines. With its revolutionary chinking material, Perma-Chink® helped to erase log homes’ previous “drafty” reputation, providing a tight seal between log courses and making log homes warmer and more comfortable than ever before.
2. Rich Dunstan, Perma-Chink’s founder and president, believes in the importance and power of giving back. Since 2006, the company was a proud partner with ABC’s popular program “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” on three occasions, helping families in need.
3. Where other stain and sealant companies try to be all things to all manners of wood buildings, Perma-Chink Systems has always focused on one thing – the comfort and durability of log homes.
4. Perma-Chink Systems is the log home building industry’s trusted partner for the tightest, greenest, and most impeccably finished log homes in the world. Hundreds of log home manufacturers, general contractors, and builders have turned to Perma-Chink Systems for the past three decades because of the easy application and superior performance of its products.
5. The same reputation for reliability and durability that has lured homebuilders for 30 years also has encouraged thousands of homeowners to ask for Perma-Chink by name. Homeowners rest easy knowing their homes are finished with the finest, most technologically advanced products in the world.
6. For 30 years, Perma-Chink Systems has prided itself on solving problems before they happen. Its Shell-Guard® borate treatment stops bugs in their tracks and keeps decay caused by moisture at bay. The best part? A one-time application is typically all it takes.
7. The Company’s complete line of wood cleaning and restoration products is designed not only to keep wood looking its absolute best but also to extend its life. You can be sure that Perma-Chink’s cleaners will remove dirt, dust, and pollen, renewing the natural beauty of your log home.
8. Perma-Chink Systems premium Lifeline Ultra-2™ exterior stain with the Lifeline Advance™ clear coat was the first in the Industry with a 5-year warranty. LIFELINE™ stains and finishes for exterior and interior not only protect the wood for years, but also highlight its true beauty and the warranty gives you peace of mind.
9. Lifeline Endure™ deck finish is a quick-and-easy one-coat stain that protects decks from water and snow while providing outstanding resistance to graying caused by UV exposure. This low environmental impact formula is scuff and abrasion resistant, but it doesn’t get slippery, even when wet, making it one of the safest deck stains available.
10. Perma-Chink® is the product of choice for premier outdoor recreation outfitters like Cabela’s, which operates in more than 30 locations across the U.S and Canada. Cabela’s chose Perma-Chink to put the finishing touches on its 185,000 square foot log-and-stone destination store—the company’s first in the state of Washington.
11. Perma-Chink Systems introduced the revolutionary sealant for milled log homes – Energy Seal™. There is nothing on the market that can beat Energy Seal’s natural appearing colors, ease of application, coverage and hiding properties. When applied on your log home, it stops air infiltration, which increases energy efficiency and comfort.
12. Perma-Chink Systems new online store makes it easier than ever to buy the products contractors and homeowners need. Just visit www.pcsproducts.com to browse the entire catalog of stain colors, finishes, preservatives, sealants, and cleaners from the comfort of your easy chair.
13. Perma-Chink Systems knows that an educated customer is a satisfied customer. That’s why the Company developed live workshops and Webinars to walk you through each step of the application process, address pertinent topics, and help to ensure your highest level of satisfaction with every one of Company’s products.
14. Get all your questions answered in real time by clicking on the Knowledgebase link at www.permachink.com. Choose links to 10 of the most frequently asked questions or pose your own specific question to Perma-Chink Systems field of experts.
15. Perma-Chink Systems is dedicated to protecting the environment today and for generations to come. Not only is its LIFELINE™ series of stains and sealants “green,” since cleanup requires only soap and water, it won’t inject toxins or pollutants into the surrounding air or earth. So homeowners can breathe a little easier knowing they’re doing their eco-friendly best for the Earth and themselves.