Log Check Sealant
Check Mate 2 is an outstanding water resistant sealant that prevents water and air infiltration through pronounced cracks (called checks) in logs, timbers and wood siding. Caulking is an obvious solution to this problem, but caulking does not work because of limits in adhesion and weatherability.
It is especially important to seal upward facing checks in any location where they may accumulate water. If these checks are left unsealed, they become sites where rot may begin to take hold. If you have old checks where rot is a risk, be sure to apply Shell-Guard before sealing with Check Mate 2.
Check Mate Colors
- Clear 1100 Clear 1100
- Medium Brown 1300 Medium Brown 1300
- Dark Brown 1400 Dark Brown 1400
- Yellow Brown 1500 Yellow Brown 1500
- Copper Brown 1600 Copper Brown 1600
- Golden Brown 1700 Golden Brown 1700
- Walnut Brown 1800 Walnut Brown 1800