1. UV Boost is only effective when used in the first coat of stain or finish applied to bare wood. UV Boost must be in direct contact with the wood for it to work. It is not effective when added to topcoats or stains applied over an existing finish.
2. UV Boost may be used in both interior and exterior applications. When used inside it will help prevent the “picture frame” or “carpet frame” effect.
3. UV Boost is designed to be used in any Lifeline water-based stain as well as Acrylic Gloss/Satin and Sure Shine™ Gloss/Satin. It is not suitable for use in oil-based finishes or stains produced by manufacturers other than Perma-Chink Systems, Inc.
4. Lifeline Ultra-2™, Lifeline Ultra-7™, and Prelude™ are already formulated with the maximum recommended oncentration of UV Boost; therefore, it is not necessary to purchase or add additional UV Boost to these products.
5. UV Boost is available in two sizes, one for the addition to one gallon containers and one for addition to five gallon containers.
1. Shake container of UV Boost.
2. Add entire contents to the appropriately sized full container of stain or finish.
3. Shake or stir the container of stain or finish until the contents are thoroughly mixed.
4. Apply stain or finish according to the labeled directions.
5. Any stain containing UV Boost that is left over once the initial coat is applied may be used for subsequent coats. Just be sure to “box” the remaining stain to assure a uniform color.
UV Boost that has been spilled may be cleaned with soap and water.
1. Keep container tightly sealed until ready for use.
2. Do not freeze.
3. UV Boost has a shelf life of three years from date of manufacturing.
UV Boost is available in both 120 mL for adding to one gallon of stain or finish and 240 mL for adding to five gallons of stain or finish. Since the concentration of the active components differ, be sure to use the appropriate size for the amount of stain or finish you are using.
Results from panels exposed in an accelerated weathering tester for 1200 hours: